Jellyfish Can’t Swim in the Night (Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai) is an original television anime series produced by Doga Kobo, and on Wednesday, the website for the show released the first completely animated promotional video. The teaser unveiled the anime’s primary cast members, additional crew members, and April 2024 launch date.
Those starring in the anime are:
- Miku Itō as Mahiru Kōzuki
- Rie Takahashi as Kano Yamanouchi
- Miyu Tomita as Kiwi Watase
- Miyuri Shimabukuro as Mei “Kim Anouk” Takanashi
The newly announced staff are:
- Chief Animation Directors: Junichirō Taniguchi, Akiko Toyoda, Asuka Suzuki
- Main Animators: Shinnosuke Ota, Saurabh Singh, Kazuma Nakao
- Onscreen Illustrations’ Rough Sketches: Hamunesugo
- Sound Director: Eriko Kimura
- Music: Masaru Yokoyama
- Music Production: King Records
The first episode of the anime will air on TOKYO MX, Kansai TV, and BS11 in April 2024. Doga Kobo is turning 50, and to mark the occasion, an anime will be produced.
The creators of the anime also revealed that Niko Fujii would be adapting the series into a manga, which will debut on Kodansha’s Magazine Pocket app in April of 2024. Fujii produced an image in honor of the manga adaptation news:
The youth story about a group of girls exposed to creativity will take place in Shibuya. JELEE is credited with the original work, and Ryohei Takeshita (Eromanga Sensei) is directing the series at Doga Kobo. popman3580 is the original character designer, and Junichirō Taniguchi (Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story, Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru) is adapting those designs for animation. Yūki Yaku (Bottom-tier Character Tomozaki light novel author) is writing and overseeing the series scripts.
You can also read about other similar articles by visiting the links below: